A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sustain

He has been gently tapping on my shoulder, softly whispering in my ear..............
He is not loud to get my attention. He doesn't have to be. His words, they find me when I need growing.....and I always need growing........... I always need molding.
 And it's in the breaking of the sound barrier that I find myself......that I find myself off His path, the path that He has chosen for me. Raising my voice when I should be gentle in spirit.

You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 1 Peter 3:4.

That verse has been finding me every where I turn in the last few months. It's funny to me how He chooses to get my attention. And it's not loud or abrupt, not startling, but in gentle ways. What better way to get my attention on an issue that I seem to have trouble with. Oh, I find myself getting ever so slightly better. I'm getting better at clothing myself with a gentle and quiet spirit.




He knows my moments are more often than not.........my loud abrupt moments. And it's in the quiet that I find Him, He knows It's in the quiet that I listen. It's in the quiet that I find what He has been trying to show me.
 
There is an old saying that says you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. And there are times when all I do  is spill vinegar from my jar. It's hard to collect the honey when I haven't had time to sleep. But I found that if I make myself aware and stay in His word, He will sustain me until I get the rest I need. I never use to count on  it.....the sustaining I mean. I have found that He sustains those who sustain in His love letter. His Holy, Living, Breathing Word... It breathes life into those who maintain in it.
 
Sustain: To keep in existence; keep up; maintain. To provide nourishment. to carry the weight or burden of. To strengthen the spirits. To endure, withstand or uphold.
 
All this week He has sustained me. I should be tired, I should be exhausted, but I'm not.........You see I'm learning to keep up; To maintain. So He can provide nourishment, So He can carry my burden and strengthen my spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Kimmy, what words of wisdom and truth. Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete