A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Potter

I remember not so long ago, there had been a time when she would come to me and ask me for help. She would ask me how to make the bodies of these little creatures. She needed help in forming the head, or the tail. Always saying "Mama I just can't seem to get this right, will you help me?" And I would, I would do the best I could to shape and mold the clay into something she would be proud of.
And she would always look up at me, smiling......We would put them in the oven so  they would keep their shape. So their shape could not be altered. So they would not change back into the lump of clay they once were.

 Isn't that how our Father shapes and molds us? When we just can't seem to get it right. Doesn't he put us in the Refiners Fire? So all the old turns to ashes, all the the failures of the past are burnt off to reveal a new creation.

I'm not the same old lump of clay I use to be.....Each day I am being molded by the Potter, I am being formed into a new and better creation. My ashes are being turned into Beauty. And some day I will beable to trade these ashes in, for a beautiful crown. For I am the clay And He is my Potter.

The ones before you, the ones that have traveled the road of parenting before you, always tell you not to blink. Well.....Yesterday, under no control of my own, I blinked and to my surprise she had molded these little precious creatures on her own. Saying; "Mama, I got it right this time!"

And The Potter smiles at the times we happen to get it right. And when we happen to form a lump in this vessel made of clay, He lovingly molds us and refines us. And He smiles at what He has made.


Yet, O Lord you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the Potter, we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8

holy experience

1 comment:

  1. I’m so thankful we are in the hands of the Master Potter. I definitely need my clay molded and remolded daily. Thanks for sharing this beautiful analogy.

    ReplyDelete