A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Once Old, Forever New

 1 John 3:2-3 
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.


 I've often wondered why Butterfly girl loves these little creatures so much.........
Maybe it's because she knows how they once started out, how it all began for them...... How it all begins for us.
2 Corinthians 5:17 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.


 She knows that we won't always stay low to the ground. she knows that one day this old shell will pass away and a new creation will come forth. Our wings will spread, and once they are done basking in the Son, it is then we will soar.

It is amazing to me how once a worm, can change into one of the most Beautiful creatures God has ever created. And that's exactly what He can do for you and I. I'm looking forward to the day when I can try out my new wings. How about you?

161. New creations
162. Basking in the Son
163. Being God's child
164. Perfect butterfly markings
165. Once old, Forever new




holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Kimmy, when I read your post I enjoyed looking at the beautiful butterflies - but, could not help thinking of the old hymn At the Cross. Verse 1 ends with the phrase "for such a worm as I" I believe the newer hymnals changed the word worm to sinner. But beautiful thoughts you have relayed.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete