A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tear Stained Freckles

She is home, after three weeks of being with her Grammy. And she is quiet. It's hard to tell if she is really happy to be home. No matter how hard I try to get her to smile and be goofy, the feelings are too strong. They are too strong to just tuck away and ignore.
And she misses her....."Why do we have to live so far away?"  Tears streaming down her beautiful freckled cheeks. I try to down play it all, try and make it like it's not that big of a deal. This is what makes the heart grow stronger, I said. grasping for anything that will make her feel better. Knowing that only time will help her broken heart.
Then she asks me "Don't you miss her?" I miss her every day and I hate that we are so far away, but that's life. Life is full of separations and I miss yous. Full of surprises and unexpected twists and turns. I spent 24 years in one place. I was with her for 24 years of my life and then I  fell in love, and I moved away from every one I ever knew, from all I've ever known. Just to be with him. To make a life with your Daddy. "Did you cry?" Oh yes, I cried a lot......but I grew stronger and stronger.
 And some day sweet baby girl it will be your turn.
Your turn to take flight and spread your wings. And it will be my turn to be Grammy. It all comes full circle. But ya know what? Some day there will be no more broken hearts, no more separations, and no more I miss yous. Some day, there will be nothing that will come between us, not even the miles could separate us.
And I am so thankful that you and I and Grammy all have Christ dwelling with in us......because that means when our time comes, our separation will only be temporary. So wipe those tear stained freckles dry and come sit with me a while.

For I am convinced that niether death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8: 38-39

87. hearts growing stronger
88. tear stained freckles
89. no more separations

No comments:

Post a Comment