A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Two In The Middle

Little man catches a glimpse of his mama outside walking the property and snapping shots. I hear the door slam, birds fly away and foot steps of a ten year old boy running to catch up with me.......I haven't really had a moment alone to capture life like this in a while.......
It always amazes me what you can catch in the lens of a camera.....
 At first I have to be honest I was a little bothered by little man's interruption, but when I looked into those baby grays I knew I better change my heart.
Have you ever got so caught up in something or someone else that you totally overlooked what was screaming to be heard right in front of you? Yep,  that's been me lately......

And sometimes my life seems to be trace paper thin and I'm wondering how much more transparent I can be? All I know is how to be real....I don't know any other way.
 Little man seems to be always teaching me lessons.....Ones that I'm too stubborn to learn. I am often the reason for the middle child syndrome. one boy and one girl caught smack dab in the middle of 6 kids.....
 And sometimes I get so caught up in the first ones to leave and the last ones to go that I miss the ones right in the middle.......
And before I know it I will have missed it.......missed all those moments I could of had.
And there they are growing and stretching, hearts towards the Son. I just hope they know how much they are loved.......How much I love them.....No more and no less than the two in the beginning and the two bringing up the caboose at the end.
Little man reminds me that I will all too soon have those moments to snap shots alone.......And really, some of the best shots in life are when you are interrupted and taken down a different road you were never planning on going in the first place...Let alone walking the path with company.....


 By the way it was little man that led me down this path....I would of never captured these shots if he hadn't  interrupted me when he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment