A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

God's Hope Chest

January 7th and every one has already made their News Years resolutions....and me? I have yet to claim one. I have yet to scratch anything down on paper. I have yet to make them known....They are kind of tricky, kind of misleading....Easy to let go of when you feel yourself slipping. Easy to put them off til another Monday, because starting all over in the middle of the week just won't do.

Resolutions are like promises, easily broken...Hard to hold onto....Hard to keep. Hard to swallow when you find yourself losing what you never really had claim to. What you never really meant to finish any way. Because really, it all just sounds good until you get to the end of the year and there is nothing to show for the promises made to yourself.........

Resolutions can be selfish all about me and what I need to do to become better. Better physically, Better mentally, Better Mama, Better friend, Better wife.....It's not all about what I need to promise....It's not a list of goals on a piece of paper......It's not getting myself under control...It's not getting myself disciplined......No matter how hard I try I will never be better going it alone.......You can't be where God wants you to be unless you allow God where He needs to be....In Control!

It's about giving up before I even get started. Giving in and letting go of all the promises to become better.....Letting go of control over my own life and handing it over to the one who created my life. Because in all honesty He knows me better than I will ever know myself.....Every hair on my head is accounted for......Every tear, every giggle, every heartache, every secret...Every little detail about my life is tucked away in God's hope chest.....You know the kind that your Grandparents keep at the end of their bed. And it's filled with all the things that made up each and every moment of their life. It's all there to tell a story. It's all there to hold onto. And if you ever wanted to look back at your life you look in that hope chest because they were there in the beginning of your life here on this side of heaven. They know your story better than anyone.

That's how it is with God's Hope Chest, only His is much, much bigger! And His began on the other side of heaven before your story even began on earth.

You see I give up trying to accomplish goals on my own. I give up making resolutions.....My God knows me all to well. He knows I would just misplace the piece of paper they were written on. He knows I would just keep starting next Monday. 

I've been on this road of change and it's starting on the inside....Oh you can't tell from the outside at least not yet.......Spending time with God makes you see what's broken.....Makes you realize you were never really in control at all. I was just spinning my wheels making things sound just fine....Words have a way of covering up what's really wrong. They can be a hiding place from all the weight of this world and as much as I love to write it's not where I need to be hiding......But you know it's so very true when the Bible tells you, Christ can lift your burdens......You wanna know how? You spend more time with Him than computers, TV's and gadgets. You get lost in His words and disregard your own. You put down your phone and all the things that take you away from the One who has His Big ole Hope Chest filled with all of the things that make Him smile about you and you let Him take every broken, hurt, over burdened thought, detail and stronghold and let Him have control. Just give up......Let Go......And Let God. And when you do you will notice a change from with in. You will begin to heal from the inside out.....Your once carefully thought out goals will soon become His goals for your life.....His plan is so much better than yours or mine ever could be! Because His yolk is easy and His burden is light.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:30

No comments:

Post a Comment