A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

God Bless this Mess

Mama friend stops by to pick up farm fresh eggs. I run to the pantry as she walks into my kitchen, sink all filled with dishes, counter tops all grimy. I smile and ask her how her day is going....She smiles back, tells me it could be better.

I laugh and I invite her to look around, because my days aren't perfect. She asks about our schoolroom, I bring her back through, past the couch filled with folded up clothes and towels. I pray she looks down so she won't trip on my 3 year old's toys scattered about.

We come back to the kitchen and we agree that there never seems to be enough time in the day to get it all done. My flower girls sits at the table I glance over to discover she has opened 4 yogurt cups all at once. I look at my Mama friend as I shake my head.

All my days aren't perfect.

And some how I believe we can minister through the mess.

She walks out the back door big smile of relief. I ask her "Doesn't it make you feel good to know that your not alone in this Mama journey?"

And she says "You know, it's really refreshing to see that someone else is not perfect just like me."

I tell her, "This is life"..............

And how many of us want the Better Homes and Garden picture in the magazine to be what our home should look like?

How many of us lose our way?  How many of us forget why we are here because we obsess over what is not real?

My house isn't always messy. There are days when everything just seems to fall into place. Laundry all folded and put away. Dish washer humming, Ice tea brewing, Washing machine sloshing and supper all baking in the oven. Those next to perfect days, they do happen.......But just as real as they are, the not so good days are just as real.

What matters is that we are real and tangible to the moldable little souls that call us Mama. You must ask yourself.....When you were a child, what do you remember the most? A Mama who never had time for you because she was too busy making her Home into a perfect Better Homes and Garden photo? Or a Mama that took time to be with her children and let some things slide through out her day?..... I don't know about you but, I remember time spent with Mama

We can always wake up striving to be that Mama that God wants us to be. I truly don't think God cares about the photo perfect Home in the magazine half as much as He cares about you and I being the best Mama we can be to those God given blessings down the hall.

God Bless this mess cuz every day life happens here. And we all know life is not perfect this side of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment