A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Saturday, June 15, 2013

He Never Said Anything About Being Safe

I grab pictures and thumb through files. Anything I can hold onto just to hold on to what I'm not ready to let go.  And I tap these words to share with you not because I have it...Or that I have arrived, but because conviction shows up outside my heart's door step and I want you to know, I want you to see I'm traveling this road too.......Maybe at a different time and maybe this road you will never take, but I feel I must share anyway.
You see as strong as I feel I should be, I'm not really that strong at all. I make a phone call because I need to hear that burly voice that I fell in love with all of 42 years ago. I still have not quite recovered from last year's episode. My Daddy on the table with no life inside his vessel for a whole 11 minutes......And I breathe deep when he says "Hello my dear!" I smile wide cuz he's a huge part of my world and I have so much more I want to share with him before he says "So Long for now"........

What I know is that I can not cling to this life. What I know is I can not love with out GOD loving me first. But what I feel is weak........

I'm an encourager. I love to build people up. Tell them it's gonna be just fine. Tell them to just do what comes next. To do that next thing. "God's Got this!"

And I don't mind telling you that this life seems scary....And in my heart of hearts I know what is TRUTH and that's what I cling to......But sometimes I worry about this flesh of mine interrupting all that is good. I worry about worrying and about missing those that have gone before me. I worry about the emptiness.......

And the one person that keeps me grounded when this life of mine takes flight may not always be here for me every time I need him.

But that's just how unpredictable my God is....... Sometimes He takes away everything until you feel you have nothing but, HIM......And then you realize HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOUR EVERYTHING!

Writing this helps the sin soaked part of me realize how much more I need to cling to HIM and not to this life. And sometimes words are so much easier than actual real life living........It's one thing to encourage, and stay strong, it's another to actually be what you type, to be who you say you are in CHRIST.

And Beloved I want to be who I say I am. I want to feel HIS strength because none of this I can do on my own. It's hard to feel safe when your serving an unsafe GOD......... And He never said any thing about being safe this side of heaven, But He did share TRUTH and PROMISES kept. He's all about being the shelter in your storm and that in itself is a comfort to me.

Trials are bound to happen. It's inevitable.......To make us stronger, wiser, ready to win the race. So many souls don't have the finish line in sight, but we could be the water girls and boys on the side lines cheering them on.......

And isn't that what this life is all about? To be the encourager, the one who builds people up, the one who tells you to do the very next thing cuz God's got this!

And I love it when HE brings me full circle in a post.

One of my favorite scenes in "The Chronicles of Narnia"

“Is Aslan quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”
“That you will dearie, and no mistake,” said Mrs. Beaver. “If there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or just plain silly.”
“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? Of course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment