A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Because Comfort Has No Motivating Motion

The older I get the more I notice life around me. The more I notice God surrounding me.......And I wonder where would I be if He hadn't given it all for me? Where would we all be with out the selfless act of love and sacrifice? The birds of the air, how they sow not or reap and store away in barns, and yet our Heavenly Father feeds them...How much more important are we then they?
How he hangs the sun and drenches the clouds with it's light. How the beams stream through the glory holes. Only He can paint this way.......

If we never take the moments to slow things down, breathe in deep, all of this....

Little boy in Daniel Boone mode, growing fast and learning lessons, some hard and some come naturally.....And as he grows I'm growing to. Being stretched and molded right along with him. And I know sometimes he wishes I would love on him more. He wishes I would put that "next thing" down and spend more time with him. More than just instruction and demands...More of me. Love takes action. Love is a verb. Love is sacrifice......

And I have to wonder am I sacrificing enough? Or am I a little bit too comfortable? Because comfort has no motivating motion. Leads you no where but, to the place of self.......That's not where I want to be....that's not what I want them to learn from me.....

And it seems my thumb may be ever so slightly turning green....the garden is a humble size small...And I am thankful to be learning the growing. And Good Lord willing, My garden will expand and feed plenty.....Because what He gives no matter what the size is always bountiful. Always just what I need, daily.
It's things like this that make me grateful for a man who patiently and silently believes in me. Oh how I love this man of mine! His actions are what speaks volume. Words never really meant much to him. They never mean anything unless you move and prove what you say is true......Real......He is Real... And I'm all about REAL and WORDS. I love words. That's how I communicate. He's all about ACTION. In all my crazy schemes and dreams I find he always provides for me and I am blessed with so much more than I have been giving back......And I wonder does he know? Does he truly know what he means to me? Am I showing him enough through my actions? Because I can write and talk all day long and I know it really wouldn't mean that much to him......

And these pictures may seem very random to you....But to me they are more than just a picture. They speak loudly of this life I'm living. These random shots are what I notice. They tell a story. They make me look up and look around at all that's been given. They make me remember I need to give more of me and less of what will never really matter in this life.......I need to put more love into my actions. I need to be in motion. I need less words and more LIVING. Because when we are living we are truly LOVING and GIVING back just a portion of what's been given us...........

If we all just gave a portion back of what's been given? Oh beloved would there be any need?

No comments:

Post a Comment