A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oh My Goodness! Chocolate!!!

Okay I have to be honest, I was a little skeptical before I tried this recipe. If you are a woman then you already have the grand title of Chocolate Connoisseur.  And this my friends, is chocolate to die for! Well I may be exaggerating just a bit, but it is really, really good. The kicker? It's even healthy for you. Now I am not saying you won't get pudgy eating it, but there are health benefits eating it in moderation. Ah there is that M word again.......

So who knew that you could make your very own decadent chocolate and I'm not talking about the kind you make from semi sweet chips. That would not really be considered homemade chocolate, now would it? All you need is 5 ingredients:

Raw Cacao powder: (Full of antioxidants, iron and magnesium)

Vanilla extract: ( Full of Vanilla bean and yes vodka but you only need a tsp or two.)

Raw organic honey: ( Now honey is loaded with natural sugars, so this is where the moderation comes in. I suppose you could use stevia YUCK! Nasty stuff! Leaves a horrible after taste and I've tried several brands.  and to no avail I can not wrap my brain, taste buds or any thing else that has to do with my senses to get myself to like this stuff!)

Raw organic Coconut Butter: (Full of everything good for you! You can read up on 101 uses for coconut Here.)

Raw Unrefined Coco Butter: Mmmmm Smells wonderful! I get my Coco butter Here.

Take 1 cup of Coco Butter melt in a sauce pan on very low heat. Add 1 Cup of Coconut Butter, 1/2 cup of honey and 1/2 cup Cacao powder. stir until melted and combined. Lastly add a tsp. or two of Vanilla.

Pour into a baking dish and let it set in the fridge. Mine looks melted because I was too impatient and could not wait to try it. You will want to store this in the fridge because it will turn to a thick syrup if you leave it out, although that would probably be great for an ice cream topping! It tastes just like an Almond Joy!
And this Chocolate is kid tested and Mama approved! They loved it and so did I!

No comments:

Post a Comment