A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, March 25, 2013

Christ Follower

We say it, but do we believe it? Do we tend to live it out right here in our little messy corner of the world? And oh......I'm not casting judgement with out looking at my own dirty little corners first.

Saying your a Christ follower is one thing. Actually following CHRIST is another.

It's easy to say I BELIEVE! Not so easy to live. Especially when the world creeps in to even the holiest of places......And we Christ followers, we don't understand. How in the world can this be? Not here! especially not here!

Oh Beloved, is there really ever a building that's so sacred, that not even the sinned soaked can't move into and take up space? And hear my heart.....I never want to put myself above any or all who walk in the doors that hold the CHURCH. You see, we have been told before that the walls are not sacred. That the bricks don't become holy, but it's the Christ lovers that make up the church. We are the Saints destined to be His disciples.

And we as believers, we will still stumble and fall. Please don't label me as perfect because I say I'm a Christian. I've messed up more times than I care to count. I still do. I still get myself into the muck and mire if I'm not careful. Just because I claim to be His, does not mean I have arrived, I am a work in progress.

This building you call Holy, holds all sorts of sinners. From baby believers to long time followers. We should welcome the Lost and broken. And yes they will see we are not perfect, but that shouldn't turn them away......although it does.

 I believe it's because we don't communicate with each other. I believe we create this facade unintentionally. We look and stare, talk and gawk. We forget who we are in short moments at a time until it's too late to notice the damage has already been done. We assume the worst and create upheaval by giving the silent treatment. We shy away from telling the Truth because.....Well because TRUTH hurts, sometimes. But speaking truth can also save so much pain in the long run.


When we see tongue lashers, liars, and ones with messy corners spilling out into the church, than maybe we should speak truth. Maybe we shouldn't walk away, give up and never go back. Maybe we should communicate in LOVE as Christ would.

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:23-25

So what can we do? Well I believe one by one we should keep our temple HOLY. By looking into the messy dark corners of our hearts and asking Him to clean them up..........And asking daily.

Being real. Messing up and being humble enough to admit it. Realizing that just because we are in a building doesn't mean that the building is Holy. It's the Christ followers in it that make up the Church. And if we keep walking away because we see hypocrites then where are we to shine our light? Because we are called to go out into the world and in the world there is darkness and remember the world also walks in and out those doors all the time!

Being strong in Christ and not turning your back on those that may need to see just a little ray of hope somewhere.........Even the ones that need to hear the truth once in a while. Even the long time Christ followers need to see hope as they walk through this life. Holding each other accountable. The darkness will flee, especially all the brighter the light  shines.

We as Christ followers seem to forget the power dwelling inside us. We give up all too easy. Call it quits when the going gets tough. And then we wonder where has our God gone? Christians He is our voice, our courage, our strength....He is our Heart! So when the world starts creeping in to all those places we hold sacred, Remember who holds your soul!

Christ Followers, YOU. ARE. THE. CHURCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment