A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Wait til___________."

Wait til you find out for the first time that your going to be a Mama.

Wait til you feel the first kick.....

Wait til you hear your baby's first cry......

Wait til you hold your little miracle for the very first time.....

Wait til you see the perfection of God in every little finger tip and baby toe......

Wait til you look into your baby's eyes and fall hopelessly in love.....

Wait til you brush your nose against his God kissed cheek......

Wait til the first smile, first laugh, first time rolling over, first step......

Wait til the first time you have to let go just a little bit and you feel like your heart is being ripped from your chest.....

Wait til the first time he says "I love you"..........

Wait til the first ride with out training wheels......

Wait til you teach her the lessons you have learned while walking through this life....

Wait til you tell her about Jesus and she says His name for the very first time, so precious.......

Wait til you sit in his first truck and your weeping over the steering wheel praying for his protection and you tell God that you don't want to let him go!

Dear mama, 
You will probably get a lot of "Wait til's" through out your journey of being her Mama. And regretfully I must tell you that most people will try and make most "Wait til's" negative. I want to encourage you. I want you to know there is so much more than the hard days and long nights. I want you to breathe in every moment as if it were your last and remember those moments, they don't last nearly as long as they should. You will find yourself looking back and wanting more.

I want you to know there is so much more to being a Mama than your days all done wrong. I want you to know it stops being about you the moment that sweet child is put in your arms. And when you learn to let you go and give them grace your time gets sweeter. I want you to know that this love you are about to experience is like no other you have ever felt before. 

I want you to know your journey doesn't have to be like others who have gone before...Dear sweet Mama, I'm still waiting for the terrible two's and I have been through them 5 times over. I'm still waiting for the horrible tweens and I've been through them 3 times over.....I'm still waiting for the rebellious teens. My teens are anything but rebellious...Honest! they are really good kids!

I want you to know I have enjoyed every stage, but it's not to say I haven't had my days turned up side down. It's to say there are more good days than bad. It's to say it's all in how you handle the situation, because Mama truly does set the tone of the home. I love my littles, middles, and teens! They are so precious to me...Funny, mischievous, creative, talented, cheerful, giving, energetic, stubborn, lovable gifts from my God!  

When God comes first in your walk, life just seems to fall into place.

So when the next "Wait til ________________________." comes your way, just calmly smile, nod your head and walk away from all the negativity and show them it doesn't have to be that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment