A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Homemade Vanilla

Isn't this Beautiful?
In order to make this amber goodness I have to make an awkward stop at the liquor store.....But you really can tell the difference in your baking and cooking when you make your own!


I found this gallon size Ball jar at Target and thought it would be perfect for my Homemade Vanilla!

All you need is two 1/2 gallon bottles of Vodka and about 65 to 70 Vanilla beans. split your beans in half and place them in your jar. Pour the vodka in.....Let brew in jar for about 6 months in a dark, cool place. Put in smaller decorative jars and give away as gifts or keep them for yourself and stock your shelves!

I keep sniffing my fingers cause they smell like vanilla! Mmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment