A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Banana Bread With Honey & Applesauce

This is my tried and true, old faithful banana bread recipe! It never lets me down. I have always substituted the applesauce for the oil but, never used honey for the substitute of sugar, until now..........

 I discovered another Banana bread recipe on Pinterest I pinned it because it was made with honey instead of sugar. Then I had a friend tell me she tried the recipe I had pinned  with very little success.....It didn't raise well for her and was bitter.

So I went to my recipe box and pulled out old faithful. I had to see if I could make this work.....After all what did they use for sweetness before man messed with the natural state of food?



Did I tell you this recipe never lets me down? I was afraid that it might not be sweet enough or rise like it normally does but, it turned out BEAUTIFUL....Tastes just as sweet and looks just as pretty!

So now I am pleased to share this healthier version but not lacking in flavor or beauty, Old Faithful Banana Bread Recipe!

5C Flour
1 1/2 C Raw Honey
4 tsp. Baking powder
2 eggs
2 tsp. sea salt
6 Tb. Applesauce
1 1/2 C whole milk
3 ripe bananas cut into chunks

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl pour into greased loaf pans and bake @ 350 for 55 to 60 minutes. Or until tooth pick comes out clean. This makes two loaves.

That's it! So simple....So much healthier and so GOOD! Enjoy with a drizzle of honey butter. Mmmmmm soooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment