A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, May 6, 2012

When You Allow God To Work In Your Heart

Three years ago I wrote 25 things that told people a little bit about who I am.......

It's funny to me that in a short three years how things and people can change. How hearts and desires are molded.

And although the majority of this list still remains the same.....there are a few numbers that I would like to change.  It's amazing how God works His GRACE. How he moves all about, in and through your heart when you ask him to.

Here is the list:

1.I wish when bad things happen up home that I could be there in a split second.
2. My favorite time of day is right at dusk, right after the sun goes down. 
3.I don't like a lot of light, I like soft light.
4. I like things in order when there is chaos I can't think.( which is practically all the time) The chaos and the not thinking part I mean.
5.I hate it when people are mad at me, I will go out of my way to clear the air.
6.I love to sing
7.I love the smell of fall up home and the sound of geese migrating overhead.
8.I love to make people happy with food.
9.I'm not as thoughtful of other people as I would like to be.
10.I love the smell of lilacs!
11.I love it when my kids get that deep belly laugh.
12. I love how johnny is steady and emotionally stable at times when I'm an emotional mess.
13.I love it when my canning jars are all filled and lined up neatly in my cabinet. It makes me feel good that in some way I am providing for my family.
14.I love the sound of peepers in the spring.
15.I'm in to making and keeping memories. I love to do things out of the norm just so it will be more memorable for my family, even though it makes them feel uncomfortable, to me it is well worth it in the end.
16.20 minutes of the beach is about all I can stand... but I stay because whom ever I'm with usually loves being there!
17.I love picking berries up home whether they be wild or not.
18. I love sitting by the campfire and singing with my sister. We never get to do that anymore.
19.Sometimes I talk like Julia child's when I'm cooking.
20.I would love to talk like Paula Dean.
21.I'm not one to watch movies...two and a half hours seems too long, but yet I'll watch six half hour shows. go figure????
22.I love to laugh but I don't think I laugh enough!!
23. What I hate the most about myself is that I get irritated with my kids to easily. Patience would be nice but we all know what happens when we pray for it!!!
24.I love the smell of Johnny when I'm in his arms & it still gives me butterflies when I see him in a semi! Don't know why?
25.I'm 38 and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up... and that makes me sad!


4. I'm learning that with the Lord's help, order can be obtainable....And at times when it's not, I've learned that it's okay to just let it go.

5. I still don't like it when people are mad at me or that they just don't like me...But I've learned that sometimes....Most times you can't please everyone. God is the only one who truly knows my heart! And He knows my heart's intent is not to hurt. I've learned to let go of the thoughts that take me captive. And I have to tell you...... it's very freeing!

9. As God is growing my heart, my thoughts are turning outward more and more!

23. And it's a praise for me to say that I prayed for God to show me patience, grace and mercy on my children and He lovingly showed me the way.....He is still showing me the way. Oh I'm not perfect but, life sure seems a little more calm and quiet around here! I've learned that Mama sets the tone for the day and how she chooses to handle the disturbances is how the day will continue!

24. Number 24 will never change!!!!

25. What makes me sad is that I have been doing what I love to do all along and I really never realized it. (Not to the full extent I do now!) I've been raising babies and being the best Mama I know how to be. And every day I wake up next to the man of my dreams and I can't seem to thank God enough for this Strong, faithful man he has given me.
And every day I look into the faces of 5 beautiful blessings with one on the way and I know without a doubt that this is where I'm suppose to be. This is what I'm suppose to do while I'm growing up. I'm a sin soaked Mama learning God's Grace. The faithful loving wife to the man that calls me his Princess....What more could I want? What more could I ask for here this side of heaven?

I AM BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment