A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Being Sneaky

Wanna know a good way to sneak in those greens and healthy foods your fussy child normally turns his/her nose up at?
Put them in a smoothie!  Although we do enforce the rule that our children are not to leave the table until all their veggies are gone.... I do have one fussy eater and he screws up his face and makes that gagging look when certain veggies are put in front of him. Oh he eats them! At times he's just not happy about it....
This way I can sneak those important powerful foods into his little body and he actually loves it!! He begs for it! To be honest with you, you can not taste the baby spinach or kale. the berries over power them. Sunday night I made a smoothie with Strawberries, Avocado, Baby spinach, Blue berries, orange, crushed ice and some raw honey.

 I use about a tablespoon of raw honey or agave for the sweetener because sugar defeats the purpose of eating all that's healthy in that blender. And I've been a witness to what too much sugar can do to a child. I've seen it's affects on my own children first hand and it's not pretty!  The old saying  "you are what you eat." Well I believe it to be so TRUE! I believe processed foods and things that are not natural can alter your brain and harm your health!
We don't eat supper on Sunday nights. Usually we just have something light. This was so yummy and so filling. I could almost feel my body thanking me and baby too! *Smile*
They are great for breakfasts and you can always change things up and try new and different things! The other night I made a Pina Colada Smoothie with frozen pineapple, coconut milk, and 1 Tbl. of agave. Soo Goood! Make your own concoctions or go on my Yummy recipes board on Pinterest. I have pinned a lot of yummy recipes there! I do want to say that you don't want to add no more than a 1/2 cup of your greens if your afraid of tasting anything green......A 1/2 a cup is where I found we could not taste them at all. Don't get me wrong I love me some greens, but I don't want them to over power my smoothie!

I hope you try this and sneak those greens in on your kids....Your bodies will sing in thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment