A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, April 19, 2012

To Post Or Not To Post

I've been around long enough to know that good habits just don't happen and bad habits for some reason they come easy.......

And that old saying "Good things come to those who wait." really doesn't apply here.........It lets laziness creep in and isn't laziness one of the biggest "bad habits" of them all?

I'm one who loves to plan. It thrills me to see it all written down on paper. Shelves all organized. Ideas of how to run this life like a well oiled machine gets my blood pumping.

Implementing the plan is a whole new ball game. It takes hard work and consistency and there is absolutely no room for bad habits if I want to make this work.

And I'm not perfect but, I've been saved by the only ONE who is. And I'm praying and talking to Him this morning asking Him to help me with all those bad habits. And I know, to Him...... I must sound like an old broken record, but I can't quit now there is too much at stake!

I'm on this journey and I want you to join me in my struggle to become more organized and self sufficient. I want to take all those years of selfish bad habits and work them into GOOD. I know what to do, I know what it takes! I'm really good at planning......

And there is a part of me right now that really doesn't want to post this for all to see. I even stopped and had to pause for a bit......... But I know I need to press on because this is the one area in my life that the Lord keeps pressing on me. You see, too be honest I've been lazy and I let lots of bad habits creep in over the years. I've been selfish and because I only do things when I feel like it those things never get done! Oh my! Did I really just admit that? Johnny I hope your not reading this!!

So starting now and through out the summer I will be implementing the plans that I make and I need to be held accountable! That's right that is why I paused before I posted. To post or not to post. If I fail then I fail with all eyes watching and it means I really didn't put my faith in the Lord...... but if I succeed it's because I listened and was faithful to my Heavenly Father.

And I don't want it to be that "it's okay your very busy with kids and homeschool and all. You are who you are and you can't change and God's grace will be there when you fall".............. I don't need to hear the excuses to get me out of doing what I know I should be doing!

I want you to know, I want to be who God wants me to be and I know there is grace when we fall, I'm all about grace......but I believe I/we  use grace as a crutch to get away with not accomplishing what God truly wants from us, from who He really wants us to be!!

I want to hear Him say "Well done Good and Faithful Servant." I want to be Who He wants me to be!

So starting now and through out the summer I will keep you updated on my progress and maybe you will want to join me! Let's encourage one another to be who He wants us to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment