A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, April 16, 2012

My Inward Heart And The Power That Turns It Outward

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that He has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy spirit and deep conviction. 1 Thessalonians 1:4-5

I think we become too comfortable. I know I can become too complacent. And it's easy to slip away from the words that give the power. It's sad that I can put the Good Book down and not return to Him the following day or even a day or two later. I've been known to think I can handle life alone, that the little things I needn't bother Him with.

I tend to forget I am chosen and that makes me His child. And don't I know I have His power inside of me? And in this world of easy back slides and tempting temptations how quickly we forget to utilize that very power.....

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His POWERFUL word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty of Heaven. Hebrews 1:2-4

I want to strive in my everyday duties to remember the power that lives inside of me. The power that keeps me calm when chaos hits. The power that gives me words to speak to a friend, a stranger. The power that turns my selfish heart into the giving heart He means for me to have. The power to put a smile on my face and show sweet love to my children when all I want to do is call it quits for the day. The power to serve my husband the way he deserves and not the way I have been........The power to witness to a soul searching......

It's not hard to get stuck in that oh poor me trench........It's also not hard to pick up His word to keep you out of that trench. He is continually molding me often, showing me day in and day out what He needs to work on with me.....Always letting me know He's right there holding my hand to get me through the insecurities, and "only me moments."

And I know I can rise above any mountain top as long as I can rest upon His shoulders. And oh if you've ever been on His shoulders you will be amazed at all you can see......The hurting, The Lost, The broken hearted, The needy. It's what He sees when you and I are too involved in us to notice. The more you turn to Him, the more He shows you them........ The more my inward heart turns outward!

No comments:

Post a Comment