A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Saturday, January 28, 2012

You Haven't Lost Me

When your not recognized for being who you were, it's an amazing feeling.......

I got a call from a loved one the other day and as we were talking about our kids and how life just seems to barrel out of control. I jokingly say something that reminded her of who I used to be.... She breaks mid stream and says, "There's  the Kimmy I used to know and love!"

And she didn't know that her words hit me hard at first but, after I thought about it I just let them slide right down my sleeve.

I smile wide because what she doesn't understand is that she just inadvertently gave me a compliment. For all these years she thinks she has lost me. And I don't mind that she can't see me. What I love is that she sees Christ in me........

I look back and I've come so far from where He found me that sometimes even my loved ones don't recognize me. I'm good with that. And lately He has been showing me moments like these to tell me, to show me just how far He has brought me. And His GRACE abounds and I am ever more AMAZED!

 You really don't want the old me....the old me didn't care about anything but herself. Her heart was hard and her soul was bitter. She didn't know how to love unselfishly......

I want my love ones to know I'm here, you haven't lost me. It's just that I'm letting His light shine so bright you can't see me. It's not about who I used to be....It's about what He has done for me........

What He can do for YOU........

No comments:

Post a Comment