A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

If Your Real Quiet and Walk Real Slow...

I remember my weekends as a child lifting logs and loading wagons to fill our cellar for the cold winter ahead. I remember my Daddy taking us for walks through the woods to show us all the different  trees and their leaves. He would show us all that was wild in the woods. Tracks that a deer made. A nest of turkey eggs and Mama turkey keeping close eye, sitting right above in a tree across the way. He always said "If your real quiet and walk real slow, you will get to hear and see so many things you never thought you could."

I remember him teaching us how to tell the age of an old maple or a large oak that he fell with his chain saw. "Just count the rings." And some of those trees seemed to have too many rings to count. I remember laying in the field of tall grass as we took a break for lunch. Wind blowing through my hair. Daddy passing out a banana for my sister and I to eat. I remember soaking in the sun and the peacefulness of it all. Daddy sharpening his chain for the next tree........

And lately I haven't been real quiet. I haven't taken the time to sit still to hear what He's been trying to say....I know He's talking to me, but all I want to hear are the plans that I have been making..........And as I count the 41 rings of my life I know He still has a plan for me. Am I willing to be real quiet and walk real slow to see and hear all the things He has in store for me? All the things I never dreamed I would see......

I'm still learning to let certain things go and give it to God. Because what I want right now may not be what He wants right now. It may not be what He wants ever.........I can't say it doesn't bother me or that it doesn't hurt, this not knowing. What I can say is... 

"If your real quiet and walk real slow, you will get to hear and see so many things you never thought you could." 

Thank you Heavenly Daddy and Earthly Daddy, for teaching this little girl patience....

I'm still learning to be still and know that He is God....

No comments:

Post a Comment