A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our Version of Fish and Chips

I love Pinterest and this is where I found this lovely idea......
I really don't know why I haven't thought of doing potatoes this way before. All you do is slice your "chips" really thin and arrange them in a baking dish. Take 1 part olive oil and 1 part melted butter and brush your potatoes with the mixture. Season with sea salt, pepper, and basil. You can season with what ever you like. Those are the three I decided to go with. Cover and bake at 375 for about an hour and twenty minutes. The last 10 minutes I pulled the tin foil off and drizzled more melted butter on them and turned the oven on broil.
Don't they look yummy? And since we have been studying England I decided to do our version of their "Fish and Chips" Which is Deep fried fish and large potato fries.
Battered fried fish with fresh corn on the cob from my father in-love's field! The plate is not the prettiest....My family was in a hurry to eat so I couldn't get the prettiest piece of fish to show you all a lovely plate of food!

Batter for the fish:
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
dash of cayenne pepper
Garlic Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients. Dip your fish in and put in the fry pan. A few minutes on each side. Till golden brown.

It was really good! I have to tell you that my man caught the fish going deep sea fishing a while back. Best tasting fish EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment