A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Swimming in a Fish Bowl

I haven't always been so transparent. Never wanted my life to be viewed as though I lived in a fish bowl. And yet to be REAL, sometimes you have to swim like a fish....
I tap these words just so you know that I have those days when I struggle at being His child. When my commitment to being their Mama is weak. And no, I'm not even close to being perfect. As much as I show the good in my life I want you to also to see the not so good.....
I want you to see my blurry days right along with my crystal clear days. I want you to know I'm still learning and I'll never stop. I'll never have all the answers but, if you give me a moment or two I will take the time to discover truth. And my fish bowl needs cleaning just like everyone else's. And there are many times it just doesn't get done.
This lovely mess was left over from last night......Waking up to this does not start my day off right but, waking up, talking to Him does.
You may look the world over but you will never find one......no not one who has it all just right. Even the perfectionist, the one that always has the dishes done and the counters wiped. Some where in the corners behind the furniture or tucked away deep in their closet you will find imperfection. And can I just say that many times being a perfectionist is not all it's cracked up to be.....There is heart ache in being wrapped in having things just so.......

So you see I have to be honest. That's what He is calling me to do. He wants you to know that we all mess up. It's knowing in the mess ups that we need HIM. Oh you can live life without Him, if you so choose........

But I need someone to save me from myself and He is the only ONE who can. I need my SAVIOR.

So as I give you a glimpse into my fish bowl from time to time....Just know I always want to be real to show you that I need HIM.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kimmy,

    Just found you through WLW. I love what you have shared on your homeschooling page. We also homeschool and I needed those refreshing reminders. You have a beautiful family & blog and I look forward to visiting again!

    Blessings,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy, your blog always blesses my heart. They so speak to my heart, could be because of my confused hormones....but I believe its more your words and thoughts that God has laid on your heart to share with the world. Never stop your ministering to others it teaches others as I am sure there is a healing in your writing for yourself too.
    Love you,
    Your sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true my friend! You could have written this for my life as well. And I'm so glad I read this. My morning has been a bit rough, I needed this reminder. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so write! We all mess up. Love it. Thank you for sharing your heart. We all need this reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just found your blog from the blog bash at Women Living Well. It took me a while before I figured out how to "slip you a note". :)

    I'm you newest follower. Please join me also at anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete