A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Don't Let The Sun Go Down

I make the phone call ......just like I do every night around the same time. "Come on!" and I hear an "okay" on the other end. Not too long after, they all come filing in. One by one, they wash their hands and then race to pour their tea. My man, his tea has already been poured.
And this is who I am......This is what I do. This is how I love. We all sit down, one child says GRACE and we break bread. I breathe in deep and take in life. Silently watching all who sit around the wooden circle laden with food. And this is our meeting place when the day draws near to a close. This is where laughter, talking and venting takes place. This is where we go through each other's day.
It's a known fact that when families sit together, eat together, communicate with each other.......They stay together. Close together. And they become strong. A house becomes a home when love is the foundation.......And God is LOVE.

It's so easy to let walls go up. A growing family, a close knit family needs an open floor plan. One where they can be together and not separated by stubborn walls.....and slammed doors........

I grew up in a family that said what was on their mind. If someone was hurt, we were taught to speak it. If someone was angry, we vented and not to any one but the person we had the conflict with. Gossip spreads rapid and rumors run deep when others are involved that shouldn't be.......And these words they ring in my ears to this day...My Daddy would always tell me. "Sweetie Pie, don't ever go to bed or say goodbye when your angry. You never know what tomorrow will bring."

And it wasn't til much later in my life that I found those very words written by my heavenly Daddy......

"Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry." Ephesians 4:26

Wisdom comes when you ask.....when your open to it. If your trying to tare down walls and open doors, don't give up.  Your  perseverance will be blessed beyond measure. If there is one thing I have learned....One thing that I know well, it is this: Communication is the heart and soul of any relationship. Without it you have BROKENNESS, HURT, ANGER, FRUSTRATION, and ultimately it could sever the ties.

Family is worth fighting for. Love is worth saving. Relationships are worth mending!

Please Don't let the sun go down another day without trying again.........

2 comments:

  1. Amen! So true... Thank you for sharing this truth.

    Thank you also for you encouraging comment on my blog!!!

    God bless!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping in from Woman Living Well for the blog bash. Couldn't comment on your post, so I came here. ;0)

    So good to "meet" you!

    Much Love & Blessings,
    ESTHER
    www.oursimplecountrylife.com

    ReplyDelete