A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Content



Not that I speak in regard  to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am in, to be content. Philippians 4:11

I heard the shattering break. I ran, scared straight to the noise of the broken glass. She was only out of sight for a moment but, a moment is all it takes.......

I met her half way. She looks up at me with those baby blues, trying so hard to tell me. But she is still so young and the words, they just won't form. I scoop her up and she points to the pantry.

And there on the floor, a pretty crimson red. I couldn't get upset. She has seen me come in here to get the grape juice she loves to drink. And in her little heart all she wanted to do is to help her Mama. Help me make the juice. I put her down, give her a hug and let her know it's okay. Then I go to the task of cleaning up the broken mess.

It surely could have been worse. It could have been her crimson red on the floor. As I sop up what has soaked in the creases, I give thanks. Yes, even in this mess, I give thanks. It's the crimson red that poured out all those years ago. The same red that has washed me white. And to see this I can't help but think it.....I can't help but see GRACE written in RED.
I can't help but, to be Thankful. I can't help but, to receive GRACE wrapped in Crimson Red. I can't help but, to extend GRACE. As these years go speeding past I am learning.....I am coming to a place where I am not struggling so much with being content in the state I'm in. I have opened up and swallowed grace. I have received JOY and He consumes my heart. 

Content means: Rest or quietness of the mind in the present condition; Satisfaction which holds the mind in peace. Restraining complaint and opposition.

You are where you are suppose to be at this point in time. It's up to you how you handle your state of being..........I choose contentment. I choose Peace........

I know how to be abased and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:12-13



No comments:

Post a Comment