A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Friday, October 21, 2011

Just Because

When life is bustling past and it seems  the mountain you need to climb keeps reaching higher and higher, go put your favorite pair of jeans on and take a detour. Just because........
There will always be a house to clean, bills to pay, Mt. Neverest to conquer, but there won't always be this little man.......One day He will be a grown man and I will wonder why I didn't stop and take more detours.They are needed..........Just because.
  Spending time with them is not sitting in the house day after day while they watch me clean or always hear me say "Not right now, I've got too much to do!" What is it that's so important, it can't wait? What's more important than moments filled with laughter and wonder. Moments filled with hugs and kisses. Moments when Mama says "Come on we are going on a detour today!"   Just Because........
And I've been guilty, guilty of the "Not right now!" Guilty of just being content trying to get things done. When in reality I wasn't content at all. I've been guilty of being stuck in that rut, doing the same old thing day after day........


I tend to forget I've been chosen.....Chosen for a very important position that only I can fill. He chose me. I have the exact qualifications......To nurture these little souls. Show them truth. Love them unconditionally. And yes, to teach them how to make moments of laughter, wonder and play. To let them know I love them not with just words but, with my actions.......
I had a friend comment on these pictures And she said "U R SO BLESSED!"  And you know what? I truly am..... If your a Mama, God has specially blessed you!  As Mama's, sometimes I think we get caught up in too much of the "me syndrome" and it tends to blind us from what God intended for us to see. From what He intended us to be.
I love being their Mama.......And I was reminded yesterday just how much........So if your wrapped up in house work, tied up in bills, buried under Mt. Neverest.....Take a detour. Just Because. It will do your heart good! And it will make your children SMILE and LAUGH that deep giggly belly laughter! Sigh..........

1 comment:

  1. That's what I'm saying! One of my favorites :) I hope you have many many more detours my friend :)

    ReplyDelete