A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Faithful One

As I reflect on the weekend and all the rain that soaked into the earth's floor. I walk out of this weekend knowing that God plans all things perfectly in his own time. And that life's lessons, sometimes they come randomly and others.......well they just pile up into one great big week's end.
There has been a lot of talk about rainbows lately and I've been seeing them more often than not.....I'm always reminded of  God's covenant........As He stands faithful in the midst of our storms He reminds us with radiant color That he is FAITHFUL.....
 A Covenant is a binding agreement either written or promised between two or more parties.


 Yesterday I took these pictures and as the frames were being snapped I couldn't help but think of His covenant and what it means to me. What it could mean for so many. The many out there that see the contract written in the sky after every storm. It's His signature, His handwriting. Written  in a way that only He can write.


We were in Sunday School Class this morning talking about rainbows, storms, the Good News and God's covenant, and as the class had come to a close, one by one we were giving our prayer requests. There was a gentleman that had come in with a friend. He sat quiet right up until the time we were all going to walk out the door. He abruptly broke the silence, scared to talk, but knowing he had to. As the lines on his face were starting to show how broken, how shattered the storm had made His life.......And he asked, (voice trembling) "Could you please put me on that list too?.....That I would kick my addiction and get my wife back." And he couldn't hold back the tears.

God had brought him right where he needed to be. Right smack dab in the middle of the storm....And don't the storms come so we can look up? So we can look up for shelter and ask for help.....So we take notice that the Faithful One has always been there. He promises He always will be.....

The class breaks up, we go into church..... And Pastor, he speaks of storms and rainbows, The Good News and God's covenant....And I'm always amazed when God moves. When he stacks life's lessons up for the week's end or when they seem to randomly come through out the week. Random for us, but perfectly timed for Him......

And even in the Storm I am reminded to be Thankful. For  Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

What ever the storm my Beloved, please know that He loves you and He knows about this storm. Won't you look up and see His signature written across the sky? He promises to be FAITHFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment