A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just One May Hear

When I write of God's Grace....I don't write to be flowery.....I don't write to be in competition with any one. I write so that just one may hear.......Writing is a love of mine. I'm not perfect at it. I am grammatically incorrect more times than not. I'm so sorry if I have ever made this journey I'm on, all about me....That certainly was not my intentions!

They say in life God blesses you with natural gifts. Gifts that were meant for only you. Things that come natural. And to serve God is to use your God given gifts. Now I don't know if my writing is a gift from God.....All I know is that I love to write.......Always have. To be honest, when I was in school all I wanted to do was get a pen and paper and sit in a quiet corner so I could let the words flow from my heart into my pen.

Now at this very moment I am questioning my reasons for this love of mine. For what I do. Because what I do is share my life with you. I share in the joys and struggles of being a Mama. I share that I'm not always gonna get it right.......But most of all, the one thing that I truly love to write about is His GRACE. That's what I'm most passionate about.....So I guess maybe I do come across flowery.....But in competition? How can it be competition?....When His GRACE is free.

I want you all to know that this God/man....the one that walked this earth. He found me in a place that I'm ashamed to have ever been in. He washed this sin soaked Mama. Picked me up off my feet and told me I am PRECIOUS. And I have never looked back since. I write this way so that JUST ONE MAY HEAR! Because just maybe that "ONE" may have been where I've been and he/she feels there is no way out. I want to be that person to tell them YES there is a way!!!

I once took a spiritual gifts test......This is what the test said are my gifts....
1. Exhortation
2. Faith
3. Teaching

I love to do all three of these things.....I love to encourage and build others up, I love to use my faith, and I love to teach! Can I use all three in my writing? Can I do it in a way that it's not about me?

My prayer is that you see Christ in me....in my writing. Not someone who uses flowery words to make herself look pretty......Not someone who is in competition.......

My heart is hurt and I so apologize if I've ever come across any other way than to show His Amazing Grace.....Please forgive me.

1 comment:

  1. Kimmy God's love shines through you and your writing. Never apologize for His love and light and how he chooses to use you to reach other people. If someone is accusing you of writing anything but what God wants you to, do not worry. God's word and His love have stood the test of time, and people since the day Adam drew his first breath. His first sign of love for man and woman was a beautiful "flowery" garden for them to live in. If you are accused of writing as you say "to flowery", then rejoice and be glad. God made the flowers to live and shine for Him, just as you are doing now. I love you Kimmy.

    ReplyDelete