A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, June 30, 2011

1.....2.....3......Go!

Sometimes words, they don't speak like pictures do but, then again pictures, they don't speak like words can. And I must tell you seeing their faces does this Mama's heart good! Because I'm learning what it's gonna be like some day when all they'll have time for........ when the only communication will be through Words and Pictures.

And I smile at their goofiness. I miss their wit and their charm that surrounds me day in and day out. And if I could morph into the screen I believe I would, just to hold them both. I get up close to the web cam, smack my lips. They laugh and can't hold it back until it comes bursting forth, this thing that I like to call monkey doodles. It takes control and takes a hold of them. They take the web cam, pass it back and forth until all I see are smacking lips and the giggles fill my ears.

And I guess I didn't realize how much time I was spending with them until I wasn't spending any time with them. We catch up and I ask if they are coming home tomorrow? They both laugh and I smile, but inside I hurt cause I remember a time when they couldn't be two feet away from me, let a lone 1200 miles.  In the same way I rejoice at the fact that my Man and I, we raised good strong, stable kids.

We come to the end of our call, yawning on both sides. And Gentle Giant says "Ma you hang up first." Ok son we will count to 3.....Ready 1.....2.....3.....Go, "no you go." And this goes on for a couple of minutes. He doesn't wanna hang up on his Mama and I don't wanna be the first one to say goodbye. I finally click the mouse. I go to bed... My man got there before me......We lay there, TV lights flashing light and then dark. And I know it goes through both our minds.........Where did the years go? We both agree We've got Good kids! Really Good Kids! And we LOVE...........We will go on loving until it comes full circle, until it's their turn to be where we are......We will go on loving ALWAYS

And I'm not ready....Can we count to 3....Ready 1.....2.....3 Go, No you go......1....2.....3 Go........."I love you Mama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment