A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Saying "Yes!"

I bring books so I can read while I watch him at practice. He likes baseball, this shy little man of mine, but he's only shy when we are out. Kinda like his Daddy, a man of few words. But when Daddy does speak out in public some how everyone listens........

On the way to his practice we had talked about little things, like how much does a proffessional base ball player make? And is a Trillion more than a billion? We get to where he thinks he has practice.....we wait. Are you sure the coach said here? "Pretty sure."  we wait some more.......

"Mama maybe you better try the other place I might be wrong." And as we are walking to the right place, he looks up at me and says "Mama I'm sorry if this has caused you any frustration." I didn't even know he knew that word. To be honest on any given day I would of been frustrated, but on this day I wasn't.......

I looked down at my little man knowing I will be looking up at him soon....It's ok Kole it's not a big deal. And he smiles those baby blues wide into my soul and I melt.......

And what good is it to let the little things become frustrations? They only end up hurting hearts and causing a divide between souls. I don't want to be remembered as their frustrated Mama. The Mama who always let the little things bother her. The Mama who couldn't let go of the dirty house frustration, or the I have so much to do frustration.....

I talked to another Mama last night who said she is learning gentlesness, just like me.....And she told me how the other day she had so much to do......"But I always have so much to do and I know that she will not always be little. so when she asked me to play I said yes."

She said yes........I'm still learning that one. Saying yes, I mean. In my heart of hearts I know that saying "yes" more often than "no" will lead to less frustration........A less frustrated Mama.......which leads to a happy, fullfilled, contented child......Why is this one so hard to learn? Slowly learning to say "Yes!" I will play with you now, I will read to you now, I will listen to you now, I will come to you now.........Yes I will LOVE on you RIGHT NOW...........

No comments:

Post a Comment