A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Saturday, May 14, 2011

More Beautiful Moments

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Right now I'm wishing I had my camera. The images in my head I want to hold tight to. I was going to bring it yesterday while we went out, I even had it in my hand. But for some reason I put it back down. And I don't get very many chances like this.........

I see his once strong, young hands now aged with tremmor. And as he holds his last grandchild I'm aching inside....And he doesn't know it. I don't tell him that what I had envisioned for him, what I had planned for his later years in life is not at all what I see happening now.

The road is hard on a man trying to make a living. After all these years of working hard to take care of his family, I ask God to please take care of him......His eyes are tired. I think to myself how much longer can this go on? I feel the thought in my head reaching down to my heart. I'm hoping he can't see it in my eyes that he can't read my mind. Hoping some how that my thoughts can't speak loud volumes.

And watching him go seems so much harder this time around. It just doesn't feel right . I know I can't change the hands of time......But God can't you just change this ending. This is not how I want this story to go. You have it all wrong. This is not the way I want the road to go. It's the wrong direction. Can't you please stop the train, switch tracks? Something....Anything but this?

And in my head over and over again, each time I ask.....beg for Him to change the course. The words that are breathing life into this broken heart are whispering.... Dear sweet child, I know your heart aches but, you must put your trust in me. For I know the plans I have for you and your Daddy,  plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

 Life can be so hard this side of heaven. And although I'm praying.......HARD, I must rest in Him. My Daddy must rest in Him.

I pray for Rest, I pray for relief.... relief of the pain that age has settled in and caused. I pray for health and better decisions. I pray for JOY to come live even in all this pain and sadness.....I pray He remembers his Joy. I pray for clear vision on my part and his. But most of all Father I pray that you hold my Daddy in your strong, loving arms. Because I can't bare to see the hurt and the pain the years have caused.......

And next time Father......next time I want to take pictures, beautiful pictures. Help me to stop and notice the beauty of the moments to come......Give me Beautiful moments......More Beautiful MOMENTS..........

No comments:

Post a Comment