A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's All Grace

In the spring all seems to be bursting forth life, young life. All is made new. Brown turns to green and blushing peach.

 I get a phone call from my daddy, "I just wanted you to know Grandma is in the hospital. She had a minor heart attack last night." My thoughts go racing and I don't tell him what I'm thinking.......She is 88, it's been 17 years since she had felt the pain and the crushing weight in her chest. I remember feeling fear and that fear caused us to hit our knees in prayer.
And I question how you can feel spring when your living your winter?   The surgery 17 years ago had mended her broken heart. I remember her revealing the stitches in her leg where they had taken one vein to replace another. I remember looking at her chest and how sore, red and raised from the swelling.
Nearly losing her had caused concern and I wondered if she knew.....If she knew about the God-man that walked the earth all those years ago.  I wrote her a love letter explaining and asking if she knew Him, the man with the nail scarred hands. The one that loved her so much (the only one) that He gave his life for her. I remember tearing up as I wrote each and every word, because I couldn't imagine not ever being able to see her again.
I never expected her to write........Because some things are just too personal and sometimes to even breath His name Yahweh, it makes people silent and they don't want to speak about such things. Makes them uncomfortable that somehow they could put trust in a man named Jesus.


My Grandmother....she sent me a birthday card and in the birthday card she wrote.......
"I received your letter and I wanted you to know that the Lord was the one who carried me through my heart problem."

And why is it so strange to talk about? Why the awkwardness?

“Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. “But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:32-33



It's all grace. It's nothing you can do. It's everything He has done for you. This King of Kings that came down off His throne, spotless, sinless to take the place of you and I. He knew this aching, bleeding world needed a Savior and He loves us too much to just let go ............He loved us with arms stretched wide open, nailed to a tree. His heart left brutally bare and bleeding........and it's my sin that nailed Him there, it's our sin nature that hammered each and every nail. But it's the blood of redemption and it's the crimson red drops that will wash you pure white if you ask him to.

Life in heaven is not free, it was paid with price. You don't get there by doing good deeds. It is given as a gift. In return you need Faith that He came and did what He said He was going to do.  He doesn't force anyone to this safe, saving place. You can't force love. But you can choose love...........You can choose to feel Spring even in your winter.

What's the catch? You leave the old and embrace the new FORGIVEN You. And when it's your time to be called home you will be living your SPRING always.......

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful explanation. And I'll be praying for you Grandma--and you!

    ReplyDelete