A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, February 27, 2011

He Took My Spot

I'm finding I day dream more often lately, due to lack of sleep.........I find pictures like this and they take me away. Inviting me to come and stay for just a while........We have been under the weather over here. And we are just starting to crawl out from under the storm. Having been hit hard, one by one they fell. They too, wishing they could be anywhere else but in the moment they had been given.

Couldn't I just take it away? Take the head spinning, deep throat coughing, high fever burning and just make it disappear? I know this Mama wanted to take their spot and let them be free from sickness and the pain it causes.......But that wasn't possible.

I do know of someone that has taken our spot, so we wouldn't have to. The spot of Redemption....... Someone who loves way more than this Mama ever thought she could love.........This God-man that walked the earth, took up our cross and placed Himself in our spot. And in our place He put Mercy and Grace. Enough for EVERYONE. And even though, here on this side of heaven, there are tears, pain, illness, and heart break........He promised that we would have a place where none of that exists. After this life has all been but exhausted.

For some of you it's hard to grasp, hard to hold onto. That a King would come down off His throne to suffer and die.....to pay the price for you , for me. But He did, Oh but He did, as no one else could. The God-Son without blemish, dirt, and filth. He took your sin, my sin and he wore it  along with the blood and the spit that had covered Him. And He took it......He took the beating, the whipping, the NAILS. He took our spot.

I encourage you to read Lee Strobel's Case For Christ if your doubting and wondering............

It's a good start into digging and finding truth. Read it along with the Bible Where only the truth can be found!

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. Matthew 7:13

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Blessings Abound for you and yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment