A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, February 28, 2011

Come What May

It's her first and she's my fifth.......The whirring of the mixer, the loud singing of Mama pretending to be Julia Childes....... the way I always do when there is a Birthday Celebration. Her eyes wide with smile and heaven's sparkle.
 As she watches her crazy Mama twirl about, her eyes filling with sleepy slumber. She naps and I drink in the moment. As we all know these moments are but a breath, a whisper and then they flee......

They were always simple, still are........these Birthday celebrations. Just Close Friends and family gathered round.
And I can hardly believe this year that has been marked by muffled new born cries, little man not so sure, Big sisters all a flutter,  and Gentle Giant falling in love. The year has been tagged with deep, rich giggly laughter and wonder, A growing love, one that we thought couldn't grow any deeper, wider, stronger. And she mesmerizes us all.....
I'm still in amazement how God moves and changes hearts. How He knows just what we need, just when we need.......
And all this, while all of this goes through my mind, I say to myself, I will choose to be thankful come what may.  I'm thankful for what ever He brings our way.
I'm thankful for cakes upside down, days all turned inside out, Things not quite what they seem, Thankful come what may.............
I'm thankful She came our way 1 year ago today. Truly She is a Blessing in more ways than we ever dreamed she could be.........But then again I'm so very Thankful that all of them have come our way............

COME WHAT MAY............................I'M THANKFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment