A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Friday, November 19, 2010

Sweet Simple Memories

THANKSGIVING......This is the time of year I yearn to be up home. It's been so long since I've held my Mama, since I've smelled that sweet Mama smell. My Soul longs for her embrace. It's amazing to me how much I miss her touch...........

Thankful for my Mama. Thankful for all she has taught me. Thankful for her sweet Mama love. Thankful for her loving embrace. And even though we are apart I feel her love wrapped around my heart.......always.

As each year passes by I keep her traditions.  Apple crumb pie, butternut squash, Slow overnight roasting turkey, and Sweet Pumpkin Pie. I add a few dishes of my own. All of this while I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I do these things to keep her here with me while we celebrate Thanksgiving apart.

It never fails, each year we call eachother  to compare notes, to see how the other is doing. "I got my pies done." Me too Mama. "I put Tom in last night, the house is smelling good. I can't keep your father out of the kitchen, you know how he gets?" I know Mama, I remember.

Thankful for memories.......Sweet simple memories.

I love you Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment