A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, November 8, 2010

"Live Life"

She remembers.......she remembers the everyday normal "living life" kind of stuff. The things that were always a given to me, things that were always a part of growing up in that old 2 story house on West avenue.
 It's just a pile of wood............
 It was just everyday normal routine for us. This "Living Life".
You remember my Mama's cinnamon sticks????
"Oh my Heavens yes I remember the cinnamon sticks. I used to love them. I remember the way your house used to smell in the morning before school. A mix of coffee aroma and wood stove smoke. It was such a warm and welcoming smell to me for... some reason. This time of year really brings the memories back...the apples in the yard and having to pick them up...getting wood and stacking it in your basement. Those are such wonderful memories for me. It's probably strange to most people but just being able to "live life" with your family was one of the greatest blessings in my life..I am forever grateful. Now, I try and let others in to our home to "live life" with us."
It's amazing to me how the little, ordinary run of the mill kind of things can make such an impact on some one's life.  How our life affected this childhood friend of mine. This little girl I often think about. The little girl my parents would of gladly taken in to be their own, if they could of. There was nothing extravagant about our life, no frills, no bells, no whistles. It was just an ordinary life. A home filled with warmth and love. I know the memories of her home are ones that she would rather forget. I know the scars run deep. But I also know that she has a forgiving heart because her Savior lives there. 

The smell of wood smoke still lingers in my memory too.......A memory of always having a warm loving home. A memory she only knows because my parents let her "Live Life" with us every chance that was given her.

 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing so, some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2


You will never know how much you could touch a person's life unless you open your door, light a candle and put a pot of coffee on. You will never know the impact you might have when you teach your kids responsibility, even if its just stacking wood in the cellar. You will never know how much it means to your daughters if you don't spend time with them in the kitchen. You will never know the imprint you will have on one of your child's friends if you don't welcome them into your home.

You will never know................Unless you "Live Life".




180. My Childhood Friend
182. The smell of our wood stove
183. Cinnamon Sticks
184. Every day ordinary things
185. "Living Life"



holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment