A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Using the Law to Evangelize

So many times in the past I have blended in with the crowd. So many times in my past I have sat on the fence. Not sure what to say, not knowing all there is to know. Wondering what is right and wrong. I mean when it comes to His Word............ so many people interpret it how they think it should be..............How it fits their life.

And it's in a haze that I stand alone at times, thinking of all that I have learned over the years. All I'm still learning. And it's by myself that I hear Him. The time spent alone is when I hear, not speak. I pray for clarity, I pray that what I read is the way He wants me to hear it, the way he wants my soul to eat it, and be filled by it.
I do feel different, different from the average crowd. I want to stand out now. I want people to know what I know. Each day brings more clarity. His word builds bravery, courage and strength. His word gives wisdom. His word convicts, corrects, and carries the sinner. That's me, I'm the sinner. The broken, bruised and scarred. The one that nailed Him there to that old Rugged Cross. And still...... He is Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace.


Repent and turn away, that's what the Word says......It's not just accepting His name, and writing it on your heart. It's asking for forgiveness. It's turning away from all that is ugly in your life. And trying hard to not be the repeat offender. It's giving back what was truly His to begin with.

Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. Acts 3:19

I use to think that if you preached the law before the cross you would be considered legalistic. But I have found if people don't hear the law they won't see how bad they really are and that they need a Saviour.

He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination. Proverbs 28:9

 You must be broken, you must beable to see that there is no amount of good you can do to reach Heaven.

For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, wether it be good, or wether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14.

 And for crime there is punishment and if you were to be judged by God's standards you would be guilty. But He did something, He gave his only son to pay for your punishment. He saved you and I from hell. That is, if we believe, turn and repent.

I once thought I was right on how people should evangelize. I even prayed for the people that I thought were doing it all wrong. My prayers were not wasted.......My prayers helped me to see, Helped me to hear his word, helped my soul to eat His word and be filled by it.

I've learned there is no Greater Love. There is no one this side of heaven that could completely forgive and forget all the wrong you have done, no one has that kind of power. There is No one that could blot out sin like Him. There is no greater love than the love of Christ Jesus.

http://www.thewayofthemaster.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment