A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Making Paper Flowers with my Butterfly Girl

"Mama will you make something with me?" I really don't have time, I said. And she walks away, head drooping like a flower that needs the rain. I feel her emptiness as she walks away.....It's really strong this time, that feeling of disappointment penatrates through my soul. I have said that phrase one too many times. "I really don't have time."
The most precious gift I can give them is my time, and yet I still seem to find better things to do with my hours and minutes. I'm constantly saying to myself, to them........ If I just get this done and if this were organized, all I need to do is put this away. Then I can spend my time making something with you.........

Let me put this load of laundry in and then I'll do something with you. And before you know, my day, our day is done. Our time together, well it didn't happen. And the days go by quickly. Time waits for no one. This is always that one thing that I'm still working on......giving my time, spending our time together doing something other than making sure the house is in order.
I watch her walk away and my heart drops. I can't bare to let her go off alone making something on her own with out me again. My butterfly girl. She's the picker of pretty flowers and the Great Butterfly Catcher.

And there sitting on her dresser are the paper flowers that we made together. I made the time, I took the time, I gave the time. And how long did it take us? Oh I don't know, I was too busy enjoying the time spent making paper flowers with my Butterfly girl.

90. Precious Time
91. Butterfly girl
92. Paper Flowers
93. little girl's pink room
94. laughter
95. Scissors and pipe cleaners




3 comments:

  1. Love you AND your butterfly girl. Time is such a precious gift; I have to relearn that lesson all the time! What a way to make use of the gifts He has given us in our little (and not-so-little) ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 103:15-17
    As for man, his days are like grass,
    he flourishes like a flower of the field;
    the wind blows over it and it is gone,
    and its place remembers it no more.
    But from everlasting to everlasting
    the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
    and his righteousness with their children's children...

    A wonderful list of gratitude; paper flowers, a beautiful reminder of time well spent, well shared.

    His continued blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet reminder to stop and take time to "be". So appreciate your tender words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing~ Sam

    ReplyDelete