A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, August 9, 2010

Filling The Shelves

It's harvest time up home, when all the good things that I remember as a new wife and young mother, ask to be plucked out of the ground, picked off the vine or pulled from a tree.
 And that's when I begin, begin to prepare them for the winter. To fill my shelves. There is just something about having them all lined up, filling every empty space. My truck driver Daddy usually brings them down by the bushels. Everything from beets to peaches.
It's funny, once the shelves are filled it's hard for me to open that first jar. Because once I start there is no going back and soon my shelves willl be bare.........And I will have to start over again.

And I am Thankful..........

103. That I have shelves to fill
104. Beets
105. Green Beans
106. Peaches
107. Pears
108. Tomatoes
109. Berries, All kinds
110. Jars lined neatly in a row
111. His Mother, for teaching me how to preserve
112. The eighteen wheels that bring them here
113. Our family up home that grew them
114. Starting over again





1 comment:

  1. It's such a busy time, but such a blessing to prepare and fill and know that there's food there. Giving thanks with you.

    ReplyDelete