A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Serenity of the Gift of His Merciful Grace

Have I told you before that dusk is my favorite time, right before the sun goes down. And did I tell you that if you were here with me, that you would often find me outside with my camera. Just to catch a glimpse of the Great Artist's masterpiece. Just to see how He chooses to paint the ending to a long day.
And the color was so vivid. It was beckoning me to come outside. Calling me to finish the day with the Creator. It never ceases to amaze me, always putting me in awe. With every stroke of His brush comes the serenity of His gift of grace.

Take the time, make the time to look for His gifts at the end of your day, and then thank Him. Even if  it was painted gray. In all things I give thanks. In my slow mornings out of bed, from the long night before rocking my sleepy head. For canning green beans that did not seal, To eating with family, a nice big meal. For kids being loud in the back seat, for chores that did not get attention this noon, For a daughter who just messaged me to come read your living word with her, But most of all I thank you for the Serenity of the Gift of your Merciful Grace.


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment