A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Friday, August 6, 2010

Perfect Love Drives Out Fear

There are times when you shouldn't speak. Times when things are better left unsaid. It's more important to listen, than be heard.
"Mama when I fly up to heaven on judgement day, what do I say? Will I have to answer questions?" There is concern in her pretty hazel eyes. Like a child that has disobeyed her father, she fears. For as young as she is, she gets it, she understands that someday we all will be judged for every sin we ever committed. It will be no place to speak, but a place to be quiet and listen.
So I search my bible, I open His word to find comfort for her soul. She sees me reading and she walks away for a moment to come back in the room with her bible and she sits there contently reading. I never told her to. She did it by watching me. I never said a word, I didn't have to. She knows where to quench her thirst, and fill her hunger, even at the ripe old age of 8, she knows that if she sits at His table she will be fed.
It took me half a life time to learn what she has learned in just a few short years. I smile because her little light shines and brightens the room we are in. I look up at her and say, I found a verse for you Skye.
" Read it to me Mama."

God is Love, Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, Because in this world we are like Him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. the one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:16

"Oh Mama I like that one! Can you find it in my bible for me, I want to underline it."

And she hears, she listens as the words fall upon her soul and etch themselves on her heart. She will remember her Father's love. Because it is underlined for future use, written on her heart, filling her ears and quenching her thirsty soul.

99. ears to hear
100. perfect love
101. Bible all marked and underlined
102. Moments with Him and His precious little ones

No comments:

Post a Comment