A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Friday, August 27, 2010

Be A Sweet William In This Dark World

My Mama always called these flowers sweet williams. I don't know them by any other name. So if I'm wrong, please don't correct me. I'm kind of fond of the memory.

Among the weeds, among the thistles and thorns, this sweet william has found it's place.  For some reason even though the odds are stacked against it, the flower still blooms, it is still growing strong. It stands out among the rest. It's pleasant on the eyes.

I wanted to pick the flower and rescue it from it's surroundings. Take it inside and put it in a pretty vase, but I declined.........It's the only bit of beauty in the space it chose to live in. And for what ever reason it decided to plant it's roots there and hold fast.

And we are meant to stand out among the crowds.

“I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.” John 17:15-18

No matter what, no matter how many weeds and thistles try to choke us out. We need to be strong....keep our roots planted in His word. For we are not of this world, we are sanctified in truth. And the only way to face this world is to dig deep into His word and soak in all the knowledge thats within the pages. Feed from it, get all the nutrients that your soul needs. Drink from the living well.

“For God, who said, ‘Light shall shine out of darkness,’ is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” 2Corinthians 4:6

If Christ be with in you, with in your heart, then you are the light in this dark world. And you are to shine with the light of the knowledge of the glory of God.

Stand out and Be a Sweet William in this dark world, stand out among the weeds, thistles and thorns.


And if I would of plucked this sweet william out of the ground, it soon would of died without the nutrients of the soil.
My roots are planted deep in the richness of His flawless word!

No comments:

Post a Comment