A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Teacher







When I see this photograph I get a glimpse of my heritage, another piece to a thousand piece puzzle. One day I would like to be able to put this puzzle together. Both of them were teachers, both of them are my Grandmothers. Two generations caught in a photograph.


I often wonder if that's where I get my desire to teach my children.........My desire and love for writing my thoughts, for tapping my thoughts on these keys.


Do traits like that really get passed down? Their blood does run through my viens, I am a part of them. My Grandpa use to say that I am a lot like my Grandma used to be, before she became ill. I never knew her then.....I wish I did. I'd like to go back in time to visit her. Before her mind was sentenced to life in prison.



Even though she was no longer teaching her students..... She was still teaching in her frail years. Before her death she taught her family patience, forgiveness, acceptance, and understanding. Through all the years of hurt and never revealing her feelings, never crying a tear, we continued to love her, hug her and kiss her. On her last days we heard, "I love you." and we saw real tears. That was something she was unable to do since her mind was locked away. She was released from her life sentence on August 8th, 1998. Even though she was not able to give her love in return, we were still able to love her.

Isn't that how Jesus loves....He still loves you even though you choose not to love Him in return.  Wanting you to make that decision to turn to him. He wants to set you free from your life sentence. For love is not love when you are forced to love. Love is Love when you choose to Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment