A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Saturday, April 3, 2010

It Was A "Good" Friday


It was "Good" Friday and we had started our day with video music clips of The Passion of Christ. As my children and I sat and watched Him be put up on that cross, the tears began to flow. No matter how many times I see it or hear it I can not help but be overwhelmed with such a wide range of emotions.
My youngest son asked, "Mama he did this for me?" Yes for you and me.

 He accepted Christ a year ago, but never really knew the full extent of what Jesus had went through. Watching the short clips really set the mood for our egg coloring this year.
All of the other years they knew what it was about, but knowing it and truly feeling it are two different things. I believe the more you walk with Christ the more you feel what He feels. My children felt His love a little bit stronger on "Good" Friday.

 I did not instruct any of them on what to do with their eggs. Each one of them working so quietly. Doing their own thing. Not paying any attention to eachother.
And then one by one they would show me their egg creations. This year they are feeling it.....they are feeling how much He loves us. They are feeling how much it cost. They are feeling those wide range of emotions. So sad that it had to take place, but so thankful that it did.

Each egg had it's own interpretation of the Cross and our Saviors resurrection. The one above is the stone being rolled away. Instead of just coloring them they put feeling and meaning into their creations.
My oldest daughter asked, " Why do they call it "Good" Friday?" And my answer was...... because He went through with it. Can you imagine if He had called ten thousand angels to take Him from that cross, and she replied "that would be a "Bad" Friday".

And the emotion that we will all feel on Easter Sunday is Great JOY!  For He is ALIVE!!!!

For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that who ever believes in Him shall not perish, but have etenal life. John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment