A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Bread Of Life


I 've been challenged by none other than my Lord. I've heard more than once this past week....Do you know your scripture? I thought to myself, sure I know.....some. I'll quote you some now without looking.........Well I know their in my head somewhere! I have my favorites you know! It took a moment or two and I was able to spit out a few.

Suddenly I felt ashamed and sad, for as long as I have been God's child I certainly should know by heart, a whole lot more than this!

He is the bread of life. I should be eating the bread of life until I am full every day. My body looks like I'm not starving, but my soul is hungary. I am learning that we do not read the Bible to learn more things, but we read the Bible To know Our Father God intimately. That it's not about just reading your Bible, but about memorizing it and eating it until you are full. For when the world comes at you what will you have to stand on if you don't anchor yourself to the rock, the word of life!

The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6:63

No comments:

Post a Comment