A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Something About This Place

I was never made for the bright lights of the city. Never wanted to be in large, loud crowds and places. And when ever I find myself there I feel anxious. There is something special about being where trees never see pavement. So peaceful to hear the birds sing their lonesome song. To see the fence line in the morning with slow milking bovines chewing cud on the other side is devine.....

Something about sinking your hands in the earth makes you feel at home, makes you remember where you came from. Something about the setting sun makes you feel the rythym of the internal time clock.
There is something about being able to provide and sustain on this God given land. Something about farm life that makes me feel I'm right where I need to be.
Something about being close to God's creatures as you learn their purpose  and yes even their charm.

I can't imagine not being able to hear, see, touch this quiet piece of land. Can't imagine not feeling the grass between my toes or that earthy smell of flowers and fresh cut hay. Can't imagine not having that feeling of wanting to spread my arms like wings in this wide open space........




Something about the many faces of the sun as it rises and falls to the rythym of the day. The mysterious way it hangs so perfectly. How it calls the moon to take it's spot and rightfully so.


And as I take in this beauty day in and day out.......Dusk til Dawn as I hear the morning choir of birds chirping to the evening song of crickets and a lone barn owl bringing in the night......I am truly and deeply thankful and humbly blessed to be given these gifts every day!

I take a deep breath and breathe in LIFE..........

No comments:

Post a Comment