A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, December 17, 2012

I need To Clear A Few Things Up!

 And I've heard people say recently in the past few days..." So now I'm beginning to understand why you homeschool." I must tell you that I need to clear a few things up.
 The reasons I choose to homeschool are many but, homeschooling because I fear a crazed killer will storm the doors of a public school is not one of them.

Although if I were to be honest I can't help but feel the comfort of them being home with me.....Especially now. And then again just because we are home does not guarantee safety.

I've always been very protective of my children but, just because I choose to homeschool does not mean I live in fear of the outside world. My husband and I do not shelter our children to the extreme.

We are called by God to go out into this world, not to hide in fear of what may come.

Paul said in Philippians,

15 Go out into the world un-corrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night 16 so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing. 17 Even if I am executed here and now, I'll rejoice in being an element in the offering of your faith that you make on Christ's altar, a part of your rejoicing. 18 But turnabout's fair play - you must join me in my rejoicing. Whatever you do, don't feel sorry for me. Philippians 2:15-18
{The Message}



We chose to homeschool so that we can give them a good strong foundation in Christ. So we can have the freedom to teach them Christ loving principals. And yes I wanted them home with me because this time is so fleeting and I want to be the one to see them grow and learn.

Despite what people may think our children don't stay home locked up away from the community. There are plenty of outside activities that they are involved in....I've said before my children are very social beings!

Last week my son had a 3 week commitment working at a packing house. During that 3 week time period he managed to keep an often cussing employee from cussing and when he did he apologized for it. He also asked if two of the employees would like to come to church with him. This is my 16 year old son witnessing to two 30 something men.

With that said, You can not protect your children from everything. As much as you would like to keep them safe from the outside world ...they need to live this life. Experience only comes when you live life in and around people.

One of the questions I had when this horrific thing took place last Friday was: Did any one ever show that young man Christ?

My reasons for homeschooling are personal and designed for the specific needs of our family. We homeschool because it fits our family. Not every family is called into homeschooling.

I don't believe we should look down upon or fear for those who have chosen to place their children in public school, for their job is a special one. They too are called for a specific purpose. The needs of their families are different and are designed for God's purpose.

The decisions we make as  families should always be in prayer asking God to guide us and direct us on the path he would like us to walk. God has a plan for every one of us and they are all different to fit the specific needs of this dying world.

Jesus said in Mark 16:15 "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."

No matter where you are in this life you are to live for Christ. That's why we are here. We were not called to shelter ourselves from the outside world. Too many children of God have stayed silent, locked up in fear. And  could that tragedy have been avoided in Connecticut last Friday if just one person would of broke their silence to the  one who was filled with darkness? We will never know......

In the words of Dori from "Finding Nemo"   "you can't keep everything from happening to him, because then nothing will happen to him. Not much fun for little Nemo."

So do I homeschool to keep my children out of this dark world? Absolutely not! I homeschool them because I want to send them out to be the light in this dark world!

No matter what your path He is the light unto your feet! Walk in the way of the Lord!

We serve a Sovereign God....Who then shall we fear?





No comments:

Post a Comment