A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Good Mama Journey

Being a good Mama is being aware that your not always going to get it right. Your bound to mess up...That's the nature of the sin soaked. Being a good Mama is knowing when you have failed and then picking up the pieces to start new again. Being a good Mama .....Well sometimes you have to say your sorry but, it's not just in the sorry, it's in the action after the sorry that really matters.

And I can't ever claim to be the perfect Mama or the Nobel prize winner of the perfect wife......What I can claim is GRACE and how it has washed over me when I've muddied up this God given soul. A lesson is only good if it's a lesson learned and a mistake not repeated again and again.

Some say I'm a veteran Mama because I have been through a variety of ages.....I've had long term experience so to speak. But there are still days that I feel like I'm flailing about. Some days I'm just like that new Mama all scared not knowing what I'm doing...I still need help and guidance.

What I can tell you through all this crazy up and down life is that I don't regret the journey because I have not walked it alone. I've seen the hand of God even when my stubborn eyes were burning with all the wrong I had fallen into.

One Mama comes walking through my door and shares her heart saying she wishes she could be me......Oh sweet friend your sin may be different than mine but it is sin just the same. Your walk has taken you down a different path and as long as you follow the God/Man He will always steer you back on track. Precious friend your witness is one that I'm not equipped for. Your passion is one that I'm not meant to have.

You kept saying you have screwed it all up.....Made too many mistakes......The line has been drawn and you can't seem to cross over.

What I see is a Veteran Mama. A Mama who has a story to tell. A great witness to young Mamas out there that see no way out. I see a loving Mama......One that gives all she can and then some. One that hasn't given up despite of the hard blows that have knocked her down in the past.

You see the journey is not in getting it right the first time....It's not in the perfection or what you think others may have. It's not in wanting to be someone else. The journey......The good Mama Journey is knowing when you have messed up and then asking God to pick up the pieces to put you back together, not the way you used to be but better. So much more Beautiful than what you once were. He can't use you if you have yet to be broken........

And sweet Mama I must tell you I have been broken........I have a story that's all my own. One that you would not want to trade with me. I'm sure of that! But you see what you are looking at now is one who has been put back together in a way that only He can. And some day I know that He will put someone in my path and I will bare witness of all the grace that has washed this sin soaked Mama clean....

But until then I will go on living for today, the way He wants me to live.....And you......You are Beautiful in my eyes......But most importantly You are His BEAUTIFUL. Created for His plan and only you can fill those shoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment