A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Still Learning, I'm Always Learning

We have officially started our School year this week.....And something seems different this year.

I have a young man who is trying real hard to graduate a whole year early. And I'm praying for stick-to-ativeness ....Is that even a word? I don't know but, I've heard it been said  many times before. He has a good head on his shoulders..Lot's of common sense and determination. He's got goals and dreams and I want to see him fly.....Just as long as he remembers to come back home and rest in His Mama's Kitchen.......And may he always feel home in his heart near or far......

And my Sunshine...somehow she is morphing into this beautiful young woman before our eyes and I don't know how to stop it.......She is strong, bold and determined. Wants things her way....tries to organize my chaos.....my organized mess. And I have to laugh cause I love how she is. She is nothing like her Mama but yet our hearts seem to intertwine and mingle and create this beautiful harmony.

My two middles are right where I think they should be and then again I wonder why is it I feel them slipping from my grasp. Watching them grow and become their own.......And when I look at them I try not to blink because that's what I did with the first two and look at where they are now....

I'm trying to wait patiently, with out anxiety for number 6.......And Little Autum, She keeps asking when baby can come out to play. Everyday she hugs my belly and gives her little partner a kiss. And I smile because I remember...We have done this before. Our babies, they seem to have come in sets of two. One always had the other. And it worked so well. The best of friends and yes even the best of foes. But they always stuck together .....Gentle Giant and Sunshine, Butterfly Girl and Bubby.......

 I can't help but think this is my last set of two.......And I still haven't thought of a way to slow the moments down any.

There are some things that I have learned......First and foremost GOD must come first and when He does it's amazing how life just seems to fall into place.

I've learned how to cherish  moments. How to not make the hard moments harder. I've found patience and I have hand cuffed us together and yes sometimes lil' Miss Patience she gets out of control but not so much where I can't reign her back in. I've learned that losing your temper results in losing the battle and that just makes the war rage on.

I've learned that life is too short to harbor ill feelings, regrets and what ifs. They fill your mind and clog your heart and the results is the inability to love fully and completely with a forgiving soul.

I've learned to move on and not look back. Mistakes are bound to happen. It's what you learn from them that matters.

I've learned that my man and I.....We make Beautiful kids and with each one that we have brought into this world our love just seems to grow into another level. I honestly never thought I could fall so deeply in love and some how with every passing year it just grows deeper......It's amazing to be this close to someone. To know what he's thinking before he speaks. To know he always has my back and I his. And as different as we are sometimes, we just seem to compliment each other. He keeps me grounded when this life of mine takes flight.

And this life is just that....A training ground before we reach our final destination. When I get to the end I want to be able to say I gave it all I got. I loved with a full heart. I want to be able to touch lives and Shine bright. I want people to know where I stood....On Solid Rock. And the impact that I made was not because of me but, because of Jesus in me! And even though I have messed up more times than I can count, His Grace has always covered me.........

I'm still learning....I'm always learning.......

Life seems to be full of lessons and I'm always learning. I'll share with you some of what I know and I'll be honest with you about what I have yet to discover. And if I mess up and hurt a heart...Please know that it was never my intentions to hurt or to offend and if you would be so kind and give this sin soaked mama some grace......

Blessings to you all and may your days be filled with GRACE!






No comments:

Post a Comment