A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Seeking Out Proverbs 31 (verses 16-18)

13.) She seeks wool and flax and willingly works with her hands.

14.) She is like the Merchant ships, she brings food from a far.

15.) She also rises while it is yet still night and provides food for her family and a portion for her maid servants.

I always use to make excuses for not memorising scripture, for not reading His very word. But I have found if you want to be among the living, you must remember to get nourished by the bread of life.

But the life of my Lord shall be bound in the bundle of the living with the Lord your God 1 Samuel 25:29

I read that verse this morning in an article that was sent to me and I needed to see, hear and feel this verse more than you know....You see my Mama's heart is struggling to let go, to cut the very life cord that use to bind my son and I together.....And I know I can't keep him here forever, but it seems my heart is making every last ditch effort to keep him that little boy I use to hold and cuddle in my arms. The little boy I use to watch like a hawk and protect like a Mama bear protects her cubs.

I've asked God to strengthen this soft heart of mine....to let me know that it's okay to let go this soon and what greater peace can be found in knowing that my son is "bound in the bundle of life." That no matter what comes his way...He will always be loved, protected and cared for deeply by our almighty God......And that's so much more than this Mama can do! 

So when you think you have an excuse not to read His scripture......think again. When you feel you just don't understand it...Ask Him to help you see. When you say there is no time...make the time. He is your LIFE LINE!

For He surely did not make any excuses before He went to die on that cross for you and I.

16.) She considers a field and buys it; From her profits she plants a vineyard.

17.) She girds herself with strength and strengthens her arms.

18.) She perceives that her merchandise is good and her lamp does not go out by night.

You can't control this life or those around you that share this life with you, but you can rest in the fact that God your Father in heaven....the one who created your heart and your soul has you "bound in the bundle of life." there is no other protection greater than that! Not even a Mama Bear's........

I will tell you about my son's up coming adventure in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment