A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being Humble When Your Thankful

As we come that much closer to this day of Giving Thanks I am reminded that Thankfulness and being Humble go hand in hand......

As long as I can remember I've wanted to fix the broken, heal the hurt. My sister and I would play hospital for hours. I fear being broken but, then again sometimes broken is what He wants you to be for that moment. and it's hard for me to leave things alone.........

To leave the broken where they are. But Being broken is when you look up. It's when you look to Him for the healing. He wants to heal you.....

Humble: To make humble or lowly in mind; to abase the pride of; to reduce arrogance or self dependence; to make meek and submissive to the divine will.

What I have learned is that as much as I want to "fix things", Things are not truly fixed when God is not involved. When you don't allow Him to do the healing. And boasting myself up in thinking I'm the one to help Him, means too much pride on my part! 

I also know that hearing a voice and seeing words typed can have two different meanings. How you meant it, and how they received it.........

I'm a afraid I hurts some hearts with my words once again........

But I come in humble prayer to let you know I was wrong in trying to handle this with out the Father.  Even at the age of 41 there are the hard lessons to learn......

I am thankful he is teaching me humility.






No comments:

Post a Comment